If you are using two-step verification for your Exchange account email (Hotmail, Live, Outlook) you have to follow the steps below to create an “app password” to sync your Outlook Calendar with your Skylight Calendar.
- Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your account.
- Select More security options
- You may be asked to verify your identity by sending a code. Click on the number or email to send a verification code
Note: It may ask you to enter the last four digits of your phone number BEFORE it sends you the code.
- Once you see the page that says “Enter code” at the top you, will enter the code that was sent to your email or phone number.
- Then you may click “Verify”
- You should see a page that says “Additional security options”
- Under App passwords, select Create a new app password
Note: If you do NOT see “App Passwords” then you do not have a two-step verification setup for your account.
- A new app password is generated and appears on your screen
- Enter this app password where you would enter your normal account password in the Skylight application. Please refer to the image below:
- Click on the green “SIGN IN” button at the bottom
- Continue through the steps to sync your exchange account with Skylight Calendar