Sometimes iCloud calendars can run into an issue with syncing a new calendar or with updating new events from a previously synced calendar, this happens when an iCloud account is no longer synced properly to the iCloud calendar.
When this happens the only way to resolve this issue is to turn off calendar within iCloud settings and turn it back on once Apple has had a few minutes to process the request.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue and resync an affected iCloud calendar:
- Open the calendar app:
- Select the calendar you are having trouble syncing & turn off public calendar for all iCloud calendars and tap done in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name to enter your iCloud settings:
- Tap on iCloud again:
- Turn off Calendar in iCloud settings & Keep the calendar data on the iPhone:
- Once the setting is completely turned off, Close the calendar app by switching into multi-tasking view and swiping the calendar app upwards.
- Switch back to iCloud settings and turn on calendar again (Merge when prompted) WAIT 10 minutes before opening the calendar app.
- Once you have waited 10 minutes, Turn on public calendar for the affected calendars and attempt to resync it back to the Skylight with the calendar URL:
- Open the Skylight mobile app after copying the URL:
- Tap on your calendar name and tap on the 2 arrows chasing each other in the bottom right corner.
- Before we continue and sync the calendar we must remove the problematic calendars that were previously synced. Tap on Edit in the top right corner and remove the iCloud calendars that are not updating properly.
- Once removed tap Sync a different calendar and then calendar URL to paste the URL you copied previously.
- Once you have synced one of the calendars revisit step 9 & 13 respectively in this article to sync the rest. Should you want a more detailed guide please click here.
Article is closed for comments.