Skylight can connect to public Wi-Fi in some cases. If the public network does not require any security protocol (i.e. sign-in or accepting terms of service), you can connect without any further steps. If the public network requires you to follow one of these additional security measures and you have access to IT for the network, please follow the instructions below:
- Connect to an alternate network/mobile hotspot to activate your frame.
- Tap the Skylight screen once it is activated.
- Select 'Settings' from the Menu bar.
- Select 'How it Works' from the drop-down menu.
- Review the bottom-left corner of the pop-up to retrieve your frame's MAC address.
Once you have retrieved your frame's MAC address, you can provide it to the public network's IT or security admin and have it added to the list of approved devices for your specific router. Instructions may vary from router to router. Once this process is complete, the network should allow you to bypass the additional security measures in place and connect with your Skylight.
Unfortunately, if this process does not allow you to bypass the network's additional security, you will need to use an alternate network or mobile hotspot for your Skylight moving forward.
To get in touch with our support team, click HERE.