- Plug the USB side of the power cable into the USB port in the wall adapter.
- Connect the opposite end of your power cable (the round end) to Skylight (it plugs into the small hole on the back).
- Plug it into an outlet.
- In about 30 seconds, the Skylight home screen will appear.
Second, connect your Skylight to Wi-Fi:
- The Wi-Fi menu will automatically show up on the right side of the Skylight home screen.
- Choose your network from the list of Wi-Fi networks.
- Type in your Wi-Fi password using the touch-screen keyboard. Make sure there are no typos!
- Skylight will confirm when it has connected to the Wi-Fi.
* If the name of your network does not appear, wait for 30 seconds and check again. If it still does not appear, tap “Forget All Networks And Rescan” at the bottom of the Wi-Fi menu.
Third, activate your Skylight account and get your 6-digit activation code:
- Visit www.ourskylight.com/register
- *If you are a Skylight Plus subscriber, you can also activate your frame using either the Cloud Portal at app.ourskylight.com or the Skylight Mobile App.
- Portal at app.ourskylight.com or the Skylight Mobile App.
- Enter the personal email address that will "own" your frame.
- Type in your phone number and pick a password.
- Create your unique Skylight email address. Every Skylight email has the format firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com). Make sure there are no typos!
- You will receive a 6-digit code. Enter the code into your Skylight Frame to activate.
- Set up your privacy settings.
- If you choose your frame to be private, you can pre-approve a list of friends and family who can send photos to your Skylight. Please note that these settings will become active 1 month after registration.
Your Skylight should now be activated! You and your loved ones can start sending photos to your personalized Skylight email address, and they will appear within seconds!